Diet is of primary importance during pregnancy. A very important part of your diet are fruits and vegetables; these should make up the bulk of a mother’s daily meal. Eating healthy fruits for pregnant women as well as healthy foods rich in vitamins, fiber and minerals will contribute to providing adequate nutrition for the mother as well as the health of the fetus.
The Importance Of Fruit In The Mother’s Diet:
Fruit is one of the good foods for pregnant women, should be incorporated into the mother’s normal diet. Fruit is good for pregnant women important nutrients such as beta carotene to help develop tissue and cells, and form the foundation for a stronger immune system. The vitamin C found in fruit is important for teeth and bone progression, while folic acid helps prevent fetal developmental defects.
Fiber is abundant in fruits; Help mom avoid problems like constipation and formation of hemorrhoids.
The fruits are good for pregnant women.
These are the fruits that experts recommend to use, and are good fruits for pregnant women. All are very good for your baby’s development and will provide mothers with lots of nutrition and energy. Maternal diet should include the following fruits during pregnancy.
It is a tasty fruit and is consumed as the fruit of the drupe, where both the filling and the meat are eaten.
- Contains Vitamins A, C, E, Beta Carotene, Phosphorus, Silicon, Calcium, Iron and Potassium. These nutrients will help complement your baby’s healthy development.
- As an iron-rich fruit, it is important to prevent anemia.
- Mom can eat 2 to 4 apricots per day.
Is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- During pregnancy, mothers will need adequate amounts of Vitamin C to fight infections such as colds and viral rashes.
- Cherries also help provide effective blood supply to the placenta and baby.
- Cherries contain melatonin, a powerful antioxidant hormone that helps stimulate cell growth.
- Experts say that melatonin helps mothers sleep soundly with counteracting stress.
Is a healthy choice of snacks for mothers during pregnancy.
• Grapes are full of essential nutrients such as glucose, fructose, pholbaphene, gallic acid, silicic acid, oxalic acid, pectin, magnesium, calcium, iron, folic acid and vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, A, C , P, PP, K.
• This fruit also contains many other important enzymes.
- Is a tropical fruit that most mothers love.
- Guava helps regulate the immune system and blood pressure during pregnancy.
- High in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iso-flavonoids, Carotenoids and Polyphenols.
- This fruit helps mothers to digest easily and is good for the central nervous system of the baby.
- Look at the slices of kiwifruit so beautiful and attractive. They have important nutrients like Vitamin C, E, A, Potassium, Phosporus, Magnesium, Folic Acid and fiber.
- Kiwi is known to have medicinal effects on the human respiratory system.
- Help mother less affected by coughs, colds and wheezing if mom eat kiwi every day.
- Is a fruit that helps reduce blood clotting because of the high amount of phosphorus it contains.
- Kiwi also stimulates easy iron absorption.
Apples are good food for pregnant women, can:
- Increases immunity and strength of the baby.
- Reduce the risk of wheezing, asthma and eczema in babies in the postnatal period if mothers eat apples during pregnancy.
- Apples are rich in Vitamins A, E, D and Zinc.
- Mangoes contain a good amount of Vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system, while mangoes help regulate digestion and reduce constipation.
- This fruit is only available in the summer, so should be used if you are pregnant this season!
There is a lot of debate about whether pears should be eaten during pregnancy, because they contain more FODMAPs, which are short-chain carbohydrates, which can cause poor absorption in some people. Pears also contain a lot of fructose, especially when ripe, which can have side effects in people with fructose uptake disorder, so we advise moms to consult with their doctor before taking, if My digestive tract has problems.
- Pears contain high amounts of folate or folic acid, which are ideal for mothers.
- Folic acid is important for preventing neural tube defects in babies growing in the prenatal period.
- High in anthocyanins will help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Pears have cool properties, sweet slightly sour, non-toxic, … help mothers elect heat, diuretic so it can reduce swelling of the face and limbs.
9. Strawberries: Like cherries, strawberries are a great food.
- Mom can enjoy a bowl of strawberries any time of the day, are delicious fruit and have lots of vitamins and fiber.
- Like mangoes, strawberries are high in folate.
- There are other nutrients like manganese and potassium that help strengthen your baby’s bones.
Is a rich source of vitamins A, C, B6, Magnesium and Potassium.
- Provides lots of minerals, and is also rich in fiber ideal for pregnancy conditions.
- Watermelon also helps ward off nausea during morning sickness.
- Lycopene is the active ingredient found in watermelon. This substance is especially important for the cardiovascular system and the skeletal system, besides, watermelon helps relieve muscle aches.
- Is a fruit with a very high water content, is also a good source of fluids for mothers.
Consumption of blueberries should be avoided in excessive amounts.
- One cup of blueberries contains 114 mg of potassium, which is important for regulating maternal blood pressure.
- Blueberries also have Vitamin C, folate, calcium and fiber.
- It is best to add them to breakfast like cornstarch and other cereals.
Chikoo (sapodilla), also called sabôchê (from French sapotier). Sapodilla is very good during pregnancy.
- Sapodilla is rich in electrolytes, Vitamin A, carbohydrates and energy, perfect for nursing mothers.
- Chikoo has many health benefits for expectant mothers.
- In addition to helping you deal with dizziness and nausea, sapodilla also prevents conditions like irritable bowel syndrome.
- The fruit also improves collagen production, and helps the body fight gastrointestinal disorders like diarrhea and dysentery.
Bananas are one of the healthiest pregnancy foods.
- Bananas have folate, vitamin C, B6, potassium, magnesium, etc.
- Folate works to protect the fetus from a neural tube defect.
- Vitamin B6 helps regulate your sodium levels, controlling nausea and vomiting.
- The rich magnesium content in bananas helps to restore fluid balance.
- Potassium is important for protecting yourself from stroke or other pregnancy-related complications.
- Doctors often recommend that moms should eat a banana a day for the first three months.
14. Soursop fruit
This is also one of the good consumable fruits during pregnancy, the custard apple, often available in season. So if you are pregnant at the right time when the fruit comes, feel free to enjoy it.
- Soursop fruit contains vitamins A and C, very good for the eyes, skin, hair and body tissues of the growing baby.
- The high fiber content in soursop will help prevent constipation and also ease pain during labor.
- There are many antioxidants in this delicious fruit that will help the mother to stay active and detoxify the body.
The red pomegranate seeds are nature’s gift for a pregnant woman.
Pomegranates contain calcium, folate, iron, protein and vitamin C, which are completely beneficial during pregnancy.
The above are good fruits for pregnant women. Remember, a diet that balances fruits and vegetables along with other food groups (like starches, protein groups, fats and vegetables) is a must. !